Contracting our team as an independent consultant on facades means getting high-quality service which will save your time and money
Using the services of a façade consulting engineer at complex projects from the very beginning of architectural design stage is essential, considering high cost of might-be errors committed at early design stages or making non-optimal decisions. Besides, participation of a professional consulting engineer is very important for success of the project, particularly in selecting the façade system and glazing products meeting all safety, energy saving, sunshading, noise protection, etc. Regular design organizations and internal service specialists do not always possess the required scope of knowledge in the field of glass applications, be it façade or other building structures.
Modern architectural trends make plain use of “catalogue-listed” systems at large-scale complex projects non-optimal and unsound, which results in high-cost solutions, and therefore, outsourcing specialized consultants becomes essential. The practice of receiving free information, drawings and calculations from branded façade redevelopers who are potential project participants often results in erroneous solutions, with consequent loss of money and time. The thing is, that oftentimes the interests of a façade-specializing company manufacturing translucent glass structures diverge from the client’s interests in the process of consulting and designing. The façade companies’ focusing on obtaining the contract award “at any rate” quite often results in making non-optimal engineering solutions and using improper materials, which has a negative impact on the façade. Unlike façade companies, an independent façade consultant is primarily guided by the contractual relationship and endeavors to serve the client’s interests at best. In such case probability of using for the project the right solutions meeting all the requirements is much higher. Even fulfilling a minimum requirement to a façade consultant regarding creating equal conditions for all the façade tender bidders can be of great benefit.
By selecting an independent façade specialty consultant or designer you obtain benefit, whose monetary value covers its the expenses multifoldly. In the first place, it is due to the fact that the average price of tender bids prepared on the basis of tender packages developed by independent façade consultants is considerably lower than their tendering counterparts prepared by the client or by the general contractor. Furthermore, all strong façade companies participating in the tender do not include in their quotation the cost of conceptual design and development of the basic design solutions, as these works have already been completed by the façade consultants and can be used in detailed design engineering.
- Selection of optimized glass product compositions meeting the requirements of safety, energy saving, sunshading, noise protection, etc.;
- Selection of the best possible optical parameters: translucency, reflectance, color rendering, etc.;
- Selection of optimized energy performance characteristics with reference to regulatory requirements, HVAC system calculations and other Design requirements;
- Calculation of optical and energy performance characteristics of glass products;
- Analysis of thermo-physical / heat transfer properties of glass products;
- Calculation of acoustic properties of glass products;
- Analysis of glass product compositions depending on the dimensions of the translucent elements of the façade and estimated/experimental load values (wind pressure lead, snow load, working load);
- Provisional selection of wind-pressure/snow/climatic/other loads according to the local regulatory standards;
- Selection of optimized dimensions of translucent fragments and calculation of optimum glass cutting pattern;
- Selection of optimum glass thickness comprised in glassware products;
- Static strength analysis of glassware products with reference to their dimensions and actual loading;
- Thermo-physical analysis calculations of glassware products depending on the structure of the glazing unit (including the “warm edge” spacer frame, inert gas injection, etc.);
- Calculation of temperature fields of glassware products;
- Analysis and development of measures providing for safety of glassware products;
- Recommendations on treatment/ handling of glass comprised in glassware products: thermal/mechanical treatment, use of multilayer glass, etc.;
- Analysis of soft and hard body impact strength, of burglary and explosion resistance;
- Location of the most dangerous areas of the façade and recommendation on enhancing safety within the framework of the existing structural pattern (intermediate floor slabs, skylights, inclined façade, etc.);
- Rough calculation of “thermal stress” probability;
- Structural analysis of specific and unique glassware products;
- Structural analysis of stiffening ribs, fins, partitions, balustrades, glass floors, aquaria, etc.;
- Recommendations and analysis calculations for using different façade systems: structural glazing, spider glazing, façade-element, “Light Wall”-type systems, etc.;
- Structural analysis of fire resistant façade and interior structures;
- Selection and structural analysis of glassware products with various kinds of print;
- Arrangement of sample mockup manufacture, including full-scale specimens for preliminary evaluation of the appearance, as well as for the final approval of the glassware composition in accordance with the Design;
- Preparation of a reference pricelist for various composition glassware products, to make it possible for the client to make a preliminary estimate of the project budget and to select an economic solution from the cost/performance ratio point of view;
- Arrangement of test-mode glass processing at glassworking enterprises in order to select optimized modes, to ensure top quality, to provide recommendations for tendering procedure.
Façade-related consultancy expenses are profitable investment
Adding a professional specialized engineering organization to the project stake-holders team will allow you to considerably reduce the uncertainty level of numerous quantitative and qualitative façade characteristics and to persistently analyze the impact of the used factors on the façade as a whole, without getting carried away by instant “savings” and “improvement ideas”. This greatly contributes to mitigation of risks of the entire construction investment project.
Advantages of concluding façade – related consultancy contracts with our Glass Engineering Department
- Positive reputation and business connections on the façade markets of the Russian Federation and of the Republic of Belarus established during implementation of complex projects;
- Extensive experience of participation in complex façade projects (locally, as well as abroad);
- Broad spectrum of the offered and many times rendered services
- Practice-oriented design solutions (all key personnel have been schooled by working with façade specialty companies and are indisposed to theorization);
- Profound knowledge of the local regulatory structure and of established practices (no need to adapt design solutions and documents of the tender package);
- Independence from façade system developing companies and from the adapting/reprocessing companies (such dependence and affiliation may result in making decisions not quite advantageous for the Client);
- Close practical integration of ITC Engineering JLLC and Technologica LLC;
- Our alliance formed the first, and so far the only one on the markets of the Russian Federation and Republic of Belarus, local engineering structure providing a complete package of services in the field of façade-related consultancy and designing complex translucent façade structuresto the highest specifications;
- We are ready to offer to the Client a unique combination of international experience and knowledge of the local legal environment;
- Taking advantage of our specialists’ good knowledge of the market of translucent structures, materials and design solutions, the Client will be able to obtain a combination of characteristics which conform to the greatest possible extent with the concept of the project facility and with the state-of-the art level of façade technologies.